City of Fort Collins
The City of Fort Collins is situated on the Cache la Poudre River along the Colorado Front Range, is the county seat and most populous city of Larimer County, Colorado. Fort Collins is located 57 miles north of the Colorado State Capitol in Denver. It is the fifth most populous city in Colorado, Fort Collins is a large college town, home to Colorado State University. It was named Money magazine’s Best Place to Live 2006 and #2 in 2008.
- Population: 131,000 (2007 est.).
- Median Age: 29.4 years old (2006).
- Households: 56,783.
- Median Family Income $68,200 (2007).
- Colleges/Universities: Colorado State University.
- 36,000 acres of City-owned Natural Areas for conservation and recreation.
- 44 park sites constituting more than 800 acres.
- 3 golf courses, City-owned and operated, totaling 45 holes.
- 25 miles off-road trails.
- 25 miles of paved multi-use trails which are maintained year-round.
- 280 miles of bike lanes and routes.